May 16, 2009

Unemployment Blogging: Or, The Double Dip Recession

So my job at EPC, which I feared at the time I was hired would not be permanent, was in fact not permanent. On top of that, I threw my back out last Friday and have spent much of the last week on a sofa with an icepack. (I was getting better until today, when I had a rather severe relapse; I'm writing this from a guest bed in my parents' house.) In short, I'm not having a very good time right now.

I'm not quite as scared as I was during my last spell of unemployment, when I had been applying to jobs for about a year, getting nowhere, and then having even the meager cashier job I had taken away from me. On the other hand, as my last job was a contract position, I have no recourse to unemployment benefits this time. So I will have to use what savings I have amassed very wisely. I sincerely hope that I will be able to stand on my own two feet soon -- both figuratively and literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment